< meta name="DC.Date.Valid.End" content="20050827">

Catastrophic Success

As if there weren't enough political opinionating out there, I, too, now sing the body bloglectric. Let me FEED you![XML]

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

It's about damn time!!

Palestinian Leader Yasser Arafat Dies


Thursday, November 11, 2004
Associated Press

RAMALLAH, West Bank — Yasser Arafat (search), who triumphantly forced his people's plight into the world spotlight but failed to achieve his lifelong quest for Palestinian statehood, died Thursday at age 75.


Triumphantly? This murdering terrorist slimeball? TRIUMPHANTLY? The man is single-handedly responsible for prolonging a state of war between Israel and its neighboring countries, and he acted triumphantly? If not for him, Palestine would have been a recognized state almost a decade (or longer) ago. His PLO gave excuse to Hizbollah, Hamas and Islamic Jihad to send mindless drones into Jerusalem with bombs strapped to their chests. He was the face of legitimacy for Islamofascist Terror. It was the fault of American leaders like Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton that the man was given credence to deal with America in the first place, but it is the fault of the UN that he was even elevated to the world stage and legitimated. As James Lileks says:
"All you need to know about Arafat was that he insisted on wearing a pistol when he addressed the UN General Assembly. And all you need to know about the UN, I suppose, is that they let him"


What peeves me off most about this article is that Fox News (top link) ran such an unbalanced article on their site. I expect this from CNN, but this kind of mourning of a brutal wannabe-tin-pot-dictator is beneath Fox and frankly makes me sick.

I refuse to mourn for a bloodthirsty dictator.
I refuse to feel bad because I thrill at his death.
I refuse to remember him as a savior of his people and a statesman (Thanks, Senator Kerry for that one).
I refuse to be party to any commiserations upon his far-too-good-for-him death.
I refuse to feel anything other than joy for Israel and the Israelis.
I refuse to be apologetic about my joy at the death of a monster. No one cried for Hitler. No one should cry for one who aspires to BE Hitler.

I am celebrating. I will not cease celebrating until the undeserved and too-willingly-given tributes from all the networks finally wear me down. Then I'll just be angry he was able to die so peacefully.

I wish I believed in Hell so I could take comfort in the secure knowledge that this man was roasting for all eternity... Maybe I'll entertain a daydream or two. It will involve Matzo balls and a very uncomfortable location. And a goat. Definitely a goat.


UPDATE: I'm not the only blogger who refuses to mourn.
The Diplomad feels as I do: "We will shed no tears for "Chairman" Yasser Arafat. In a 20th century of vile gangsters, his place in the pantheon of thugs is secure."

LGF on the other hand takes a more irreverant tone to their lack of reverance, although they also refuse to mourn or eulogize him.

Jimmy Carter, on the other other hand, has betrayed his country again by publicly weeping about "the end of an era." What a dhimmitudinous boot-licker. Has the man no self-respect or is peace at any cost so ingrained in him that he can't see a terrorist when its right under his nose?