< meta name="DC.Date.Valid.End" content="20050827">

Catastrophic Success

As if there weren't enough political opinionating out there, I, too, now sing the body bloglectric. Let me FEED you![XML]

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Popularity contest

Bush is the first President to be elected with more than 50% of the popular vote since his dad in 1988, but more importantly, the first president to win RE-election with more than 50% of the popular vote since Ronald Reagan and beating the popular vote record besides.

I can't see how you can call a 3 and a half million vote difference, a 3-4 seat gain in the Senate, and a 2 to 5 seat pickup in the House anything other than a mandate.

Hopefully, the Democrats will finally examine themselves and reconstruct their party to return to a party that can represent a majority of the people (Silent America as Bill Whittle calls it) and not a loose coalition of victim groups. Maybe then I can be forced to think long and hard about my choice for President rather than have to immediately reject the Democrat because the candidate is too far left to hold any realistic view of the world.

Sadly, that is unlikely to happen since I have even heard Fox News start speculation about Hillary Clinton in '08. Looks like a Libertarian or Republican vote from me!