< meta name="DC.Date.Valid.End" content="20050827">

Catastrophic Success

As if there weren't enough political opinionating out there, I, too, now sing the body bloglectric. Let me FEED you![XML]

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, November 19, 2004

New addition to bookmarks

I just added Billiken's Bluff to my feed list. They have an interesting little group over there. There are multiple posters, and I tend to agree with N-Dot more often than not, but the other posters seem to have good heads on their shoulders too.

N-Dot's Most recent entry is quite good and gives a new perspective on the way Jaques Chirac views international relations, in light of his remarks to Tony Blair that: "Well, Britain gave its support, but I did not see much in return. I am not sure that it is in the nature of our American friends at the moment to return favors systematically."

The point is that Chirac can not understand why any country would support any other country unless they were receiving tangible favors in return. A shared value system and protection of a shared way of life are beyond his ken.

N-Dot then goes on to show how that crazy isolationist George Washington kind of knew what he was talking about way back when. (You mean the wisdom of the past may apply to the present? Shut up!)

Recommended reading.