< meta name="DC.Date.Valid.End" content="20050827">

Catastrophic Success

As if there weren't enough political opinionating out there, I, too, now sing the body bloglectric. Let me FEED you![XML]

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, December 31, 2004

Interested?

John Derbyshire at NRO, amongst many other things, discusses how 2005 is not an interesting number. He also requests submissions as to why it is, in fact interesting, in order to prove his theorem that there is no such thing as an uninteresting number if only because any uninteresting number could be the lowest uninteresting number in a set of uninteresting numbers, which is an interesting thing indeed. I suspecte that by interesting, he means mathematically interesting, but not being a mathemagician, I don't know about mathematicallt intersting, but I did send him this intersting tidbit:
"It will be interesting to watch the stock market this year. Since it ends in 5, it is poised to perform well (at least historically speaking: http://www.financialsense.com/metals/speck/121504.html). If John Kerry had won the election, he would be getting all of the credit for a resounding stock market success, but since Bush created it and Bush will be in office, the media is going to have to downplay with all of their might."

If some of my readers, all of whom are obviously more intelligent than I, judging by the prodigious lack of comments (which indicates that my inane ramblings are unworthy of wasting their vast brains upon), have more reasons that 2005 is an interesting number, mathemagically or otherwise, please let John know, and leave me a note or email cuz I'd like to know too.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year, for those on the Gregorian Calendar, and for those of you on the Julian Calendar, Happy Friday, and for those of you on the Hebraic Calendar, Shabbat Shalom.