< meta name="DC.Date.Valid.End" content="20050827">

Catastrophic Success

As if there weren't enough political opinionating out there, I, too, now sing the body bloglectric. Let me FEED you![XML]

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, January 01, 2005

I don't get it...

On yesterday's New Year's Eve post, I received two comments telling the sad tale of a US Marine and his death. What the poster wants me to do about unexploded ordnance, I don't know. Perhaps I'm a welcome target because I supported the Iraq War? I'm not sure, nor do I care. The entire comment is non-sequitor to the post in question, but that isn't the part that I don't get. What I don't understand is why this person (who names himself The Count) decided to spoof Bill Whittle's email address and homepage. Apparently, whoever it was doesn't believe enough in his own message to post ral contact info. His IP shows him to be a resident of Greenville, SC (not where Bill Whittle lives). I just thought this was extremely bizarre. Especially since I have a friend who calls himself The Count (due to his predeliction for wearing a long black cape). I know this is not really post-worthy, but it struck me as odd. I almost never get comments so this kind of out-of-the-blue non-spam comment was interesting enough to me to post about.


UPDATE: I get it now. This guy is a Moore-On. Still, pretty cowardly way of going about this, not leaving any real contact info. Google search for "Jesus A Suarez del Solar Novaro" and "cluster bomb" reveals the Moore link and one for IPS (which Moore cites)here. Apparently someone has made it their life mission to distribute this story far and wide. *yawn*