< meta name="DC.Date.Valid.End" content="20050827">

Catastrophic Success

As if there weren't enough political opinionating out there, I, too, now sing the body bloglectric. Let me FEED you![XML]

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Personal Domain

I just tried posting this question to the Blogger support desk, but I get an internal error whenever I submit it, so I'm posting it and hoping someone can help me out.

I recently registered misterbixby.com through ENameCo.com. They offer a free re-direct service so that hits there redirect to misterbixby.blogspot.com; however, their method of doing so adversely affects my sitemeter referral logs since all visits appear to come from misterbixby.com rather than the actual referring site. Is there a DNS location I can provide to ENameCo to register the misterbixby.com address to so that it actually points to my blog on blogger? I know that the alternative is that I can have them add my sitemeter HTML to their redirect page so that sitemeter reads it as the same site, but ENameCo hasn't yet responded to my request on this (admittedly it hasn't been long, but I hate kludge). I would like to avoid unwieldy workarounds, so I wanted to know if I could just permanently point misterbixby.com to misterbixby.blogspot.com.

Thank you very much for your assistance,
Paul R. Bixby, Jr.



Frankly, I want to start using misterbixby.com in all of my comment posting to make it easier to remember and a personal domain seems a little more grown-up than a blogger address I think, so if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.