< meta name="DC.Date.Valid.End" content="20050827">

Catastrophic Success

As if there weren't enough political opinionating out there, I, too, now sing the body bloglectric. Let me FEED you![XML]

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Schadenfreude moment of the day

This is petty, especially on such a historical day of reflection as the Inauguration of our President, but the speech just started and I have to attend a meeting during it so I'll have to watch it on VHS when I get home. Instead I present our Schadenfreude Moment of the Day.

Michael Moore's Bodyguard Arrested for Unregistered Handgun at Airport

NEW YORK — Filmmaker Michael Moore's (search) bodyguard was arrested for carrying an unlicensed weapon in New York's JFK airport Wednesday night.

Police took Patrick Burke, who says Moore employs him, into custody after he declared he was carrying a firearm at a ticket counter. Burke is licensed to carry a firearm in Florida and California, but not in New York. Burke was taken to Queens central booking and could potentially be charged with a felony for the incident.

Moore's 2003 Oscar-winning film "Bowling for Columbine" criticizes what Moore calls America's "culture of fear" and its obsession with guns.


I remember when Rosie O'Donnell got caught in a similar faux pas as having an armed bodyguard after denouncing ALL guns to Tom Selleck on her show a couple years ago. Apparently guns are bad for everyone, except for the famous since their more important than you. To her credit, O'Donnell apologized and she scored major points with me after September 11th when she donated $1 million and encouraged everyone she knew to do the same rather than participate in the concert. I don't expect Moore to do anything like that.